Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lab-Volt 791 Oscilloscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomloader

I have an old Lab-Volt 791 Oscilloscope that I purchased several years ago at a garage sale. It worked for a few months, but eventually the trace stopped scrolling horizontally, so I just have a dot. I can change the location of the dot with the horizontal and vertical controls, so assume that the display is working ok. I have had a look inside, and can not see anything suspicious looking, but I am no electronics genius and I wouldn't know where to start looking.

I have access to a nice digital fluke meter, so I could test the Lab-volt, if I knew what to test and what to look for.

If anyone on this forum has any experience with this type of scope I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

Cheers.

Assuming all the controls are set correctly.
If you put in a signal and all you get is a vertical line, then it sounds like the horizontal sweep oscillator/circuit is defective. The sweep trigger circuit could also be defective or set wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back