Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kinarfi needs help with spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinarfi

I created two files, part 1 and part 2 that work fine until I combine them, then I get problems, can anyone make some corrections or give me some advice on how to make part 3 work? The design still needs lots of tweaking with the circuits working together, but I can't tweak until they do.
Thanks
Kinarfi

hi,
It runs for me, what is it supposed to do,.

I had to use my LM393, potentiometer and uni-junction models, as LTS could not find yours.

part 1 creates a variable signal from the engine tach,
part 2 creates a 1ms to 2ms pulse for a servo motor to control the speed of the engine
The servo is a 1/4 scale 4 turn servo with a drum
Still needs lots of tweaking
Kinarfi

Last edited:
hi,
Your latest asc file, I get this when trying to download.

I uploaded the wrong file and changed it to the .png file, I haven't worked with what you sent yet.
Thanks
Kinarfi

As of this morning, this is where I'm at, I'm going to need to correlate the input to the servo with the engine speed to get some good scaling of the speed pot input, that ought to be fun. At present, spice only run ~2.5 second of 6, but it's enough to see where I need to work. Need a better lm393.sub also

Kinarfi

hi Kinarfi,
If you are member of the Yahoo LTSpice user group [free] you can download the LM393 models.

Why do you use the potentiometer_jeffery model rather than the 'standard' potentiometer.sub.?

Eric

I modified it and modified my POTE.lib so it worked as a ten turn pot and uses whole numbers and not just decimals and renamed it so it would be easily identified as the one I like, guess I ought to go back and fix that so it doesn't get sent out like this one did.
Kinarfu
Got any suggestions?

Here's my latest idea. Since servos like their information pulse to be sent at a rate of 25 to 50 Hz, I used a 555 for the 50 Hz and and J310 njfet to charge a cap for a straight line charge which also gave me a very fast discharge, looks good on spice, will start building it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back