Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Keytar/Theremin Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkipMonkey

So this will be my first little project

im trying to build a theremin.

for those of you who dont know what it is Theremin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, YouTube - The Legend of Zelda Theme on theremin

this is the schematic im using:

**broken link removed**

based on that, would i be right in saying that the 20k variable resistor in the bottom right would control volume?

And if you were to add a button right after the variable resistor, would that work like hitting a key on a keyboard to initiate the sound (press and hold the button and the sound starts, release the button and it stops)

This circuit has a digital square-wave output with the volume fixed by the supply voltage. It could feed a volume control that feeds a linear power amplifier circuit.

The 20k pot adjusts the frequency of its internal oscillator. When it is close to the frequency of the variable oscillator then the sound frequency is very low or is turned off.

so the pot is like a pitch adjust? ok thats usefull.

would i put the "strum" button right after the power supply then?

It will be tricky to design an on-off circuit that does not produce a loud POP when it is activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back