Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kenwood TS-680 VFO resets to nearest 10khz

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclejed613

Most Helpful Member
i'm posting this so that if anybody comes across this problem in the future you can find it here on a search and fix it quickly. my TS-680 was set to 4316khz to monitor the USCG weather fax transmissions of NMG in New Orleans. one morning it suddenly went to 4310, so i dialed it back to 4316, and a few minutes later, it changed to 4320. so i dialed it back to 4316, set the F.LOCK function and left for work. when i came home for work, it was still on 4316, and i had faxes from the day saved on the PC, and it would be a couple more hours before NMG began sending new ones, so i unset the F.LOCK function, and immediately the radio began bobbling back and forth from 4310 to 4320 randomly. this radio was in storage for a few years, and i finally got it out and began using it again a couple of weeks ago. it wasn't doing this before being in storage. one control that is used for setting the VFO is the M CH/ VFO CH knob. i had forgot that this control stepped the VFO 10khz when the VFO was being used. i had been using the 1MHZ UP/DOWN and the main tuning knob. as it turns out, the M CH/VFO CH knob had a dirty contact, and that's what was causing the problem. after rotating the knob a few times the problem went away. if it happens again, i'll hit it with some Deoxit, but it seems to have been cured just by working the control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back