Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Karoake machine disc tray open constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, hopefully this is the right spot to post this.

I have a karoake machine made by Optimus, can't really find a model or anything though. So my issue is when I put in a disc the tray will open and when I close it, it will reopen. I tried holding it there and it still just tries to open. I have tried finding a new drive, but I am having no luck at all.

I took it apart and found the drive . On it, it says KSM213CCN. I Google it and found it online, but it was from Portugal and I am in the USA. It was also sold. So I am wondering what type of drive I can install in this? Or what issue would cause this.

Thanks for any help!

Most used item is the open switch.... If it is broken it may give this result However I would have thought it would auto close as well... So Maybe there is a pressure switch that determines the CD isn't sitting straight and re-opens to clear..

KSM213 is the Sony laser assembly, not the drive - so of new use for drive parts.

By FAR the most common cause of this type of fault is a slipping drive belt, preventing the draw either opening or closing fully - after a short while it realises the operation has fails, and cancels it - returning the draw to it's original point.

A (far) lesser likely cause could be the limit switches on the draw mechanism, with one of those not working correctly - but that's relatively rare.

KSM213 is the Sony laser assembly, not the drive - so of new use for drive parts.

By FAR the most common cause of this type of fault is a slipping drive belt, preventing the draw either opening or closing fully - after a short while it realises the operation has fails, and cancels it - returning the draw to it's original point.

A (far) lesser likely cause could be the limit switches on the draw mechanism, with one of those not working correctly - but that's relatively rare.

So you are saying it may be the belt. The laser probably has nothing to do with it? To fix it, I would need a new. Let or the entire assembly?

After looking for a belt on the drive, I found the belt. I have uploaded 7 images for your reference. Apparently the files are to big tof upload here.

The belt is not tight, not sure if it suppose to be or not. I can pull on it with almost no force. But I can also use the gears on the drive to move it in and out. Could this be a problem with the button on the machine?

Also, could I just replace it with a new drive? If so how do I know what one I can use
imgur.com/gallery/ax5RQ

Last edited:
After looking for a belt on the drive, I found the belt. I have uploaded 7 images for your reference. Apparently the files are to big tof upload here.

The belt is not tight, not sure if it suppose to be or not. I can pull on it with almost no force. But I can also use the gears on the drive to move it in and out. Could this be a problem with the button on the machine?

It mustn't slip, or the fault you're describing happens - can you operate the draw mechanism while it's in pieces?, and see if it slips or not. I've just done exactly that on a Sony DVD Player, which proved the belt is slipping - I've yet to find a replacement though, although I'm not trying too hard as I've replaced the player with a BD one anyway.

Also, could I just replace it with a new drive? If so how do I know what one I can use
imgur.com/gallery/ax5RQ

Unless it uses a standard computer drive (which is pretty rare in audio equipment), then you're unlikely to be able to replace it with other than the spare part from the manufacturer.

Jetlabb Electronics You can use the "Upload a File" button to upload photos. Then simply add them as thumbnails.

Here are your images.

D2S4vfW.jpg EoUTgRp.jpg l9TQuoc.jpg oj3hsyI.jpg ppHiKzn.jpg TrwRG51.jpg TU5TYxu.jpg

Next time please do not link to an external site like Imgur or others similar. Many members will not want to follow the link as you never really know for sure what's waiting for you on the other side.... :eek:

Last edited:
Next time please do not link to an external site like Imgur or the like. Many members will not want to follow the link as you never really know for sure what's waiting for you on the other side.... :eek:

Thanks for that :D

The last picture clearly shows the belt, which is most likely the problem.

Jetlabb Electronics You can use the "Upload a File" button to upload photos. Then simply add them as thumbnails.

Here are your images.

View attachment 104308 View attachment 104309 View attachment 104310 View attachment 104311 View attachment 104312 View attachment 104313 View attachment 104314

Next time please do not link to an external site like Imgur or others similar. Many members will not want to follow the link as you never really know for sure what's waiting for you on the other side.... :eek:

Sorry, I did try the upload button but it said the file was to big for the server to upload. I didn't realize external links were bad, it won't happen again!

Sorry, I did try the upload button but it said the file was to big for the server to upload. I didn't realize external links were bad, it won't happen again!

Not "bad", you didn't break any actual rules, I just wanted to let you know for your own benefit that you'll get more help by uploading the images directly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back