Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Just an introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingeyP

Hi. Im Paul. I am trying to complete a project which started in my head around 15 years ago. That project was to build a six legged robot. I have recently had a stroke and I now have bags of time on my hands so the project begins now.

I don't want to build a radio controlled car that walks. I did all that may years ago. I am looking to build something that can first off walk properly. I have seen loads of gaits (This one I though was great - just the walking not the wheels bit - YouTube - Roller Walker Robot in Tokyo Japan)

So, id be very interetsed in any gaits, code, ideas, or comments that you might all have. I should say that I have never coded anything like this before. It will be a real challange for me.

I am currently designing the metal work and some ideas for modular boards. These will include:

A module with LCD for menus such as walk, reverse, avoid, etc
A power supply module probably a load of regulators to control he boards and servos.
A servo control module (probably two) to control the legs and any other bits I add.
A module for avoidance. Im not sure how yet, Infra red, ultrasonic or the dream would be antenni like an ant feeling and touching.

I have built the Servo Control board mentioned in another thread here from HVLabs but I can't get it to work. Any help here would be much appreciated.

So, thats what im up to. I'll post some pics when I can get them off my camera.

Im sure i'll be needing a lot of help in the future ;-) but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Paul.

few pics

A few pics of the progress.

Attachments

• DSCF1367.JPG
    DSCF1367.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 312
  • DSCF1360.JPG
    DSCF1360.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 321
  • DSCF1372.JPG
    DSCF1372.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 311
  • DSCF1376.JPG
    DSCF1376.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 312
Just a little thing popped into my head when you talked about antenna feelers, I remember seeing these at solarbotics.com and thought I'd point them out to you:
**broken link removed**

Hi I am Kevin, i have recently joined this community, i am not a student or an engineer i m just here as it my hobby for robotics :)

Thanks for that. Looks interesting. Ideally I want the antenna to move left to right and up and down. Just like an ant ;-). I'll come up with some servo design when the time gets near.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back