Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Junebug help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear it worked. It's one of those things that catch poeple out that Microchip don't warn people about. There should be a big warning in the Timer 1 section. They could (should) also change MPLAB so it will try to erase a part it thinks isn't there.

Mike.

SPI code in assembly language for 8051

I need SPI code for AT89V51RD2 controller. If it is in assembly language then it will be better.Otherwise code in C will also do.

Good to hear it worked. It's one of those things that catch poeple out that Microchip don't warn people about. There should be a big warning in the Timer 1 section. They could (should) also change MPLAB so it will try to erase a part it thinks isn't there.

Mike.
Great Idea Pommie, -put a new chip let it be recognized, swap with the faulty and erase ! what a smart way !!!

Last edited:
I think mine might be dead :(

when I try to connect I get this
PK2Error0024: PICkit 2 was unable to establish a valid Vdd on the target (Attempted 5.00V - Read 1.80V)

and when I try to reprogram it, it works, but it says "PICKIT 2 VDD voltage level error, check target and try again"

threse nothing connected to it now and i even put it back on tutor mode, disconnected it and reconnected it, reprogrammed it, and pulled out the chips and put them back. It just isnt working. I checked with my multimeter and its at 4.94 or so, withen the right range. I have no idea what could be going on.

oh, and i just noticed that the 3rd led, the one above the 2 button on the left is flickering. This doesnt look good.

Update:
found this post by blueroom about it, will try
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/junebug-vpp-problems.40113/

Update:
That worked, now I'm just wondering what I need to replace to fix it permanently

Last edited:
It must have happened when I was trying to ICSP that motor controll circuit, if things were working how I expected it should have only been connected to 5V, but its easily possible I screwed up and connected it backwards or touched it to the +12v line for the motor.

So far all I've done with the troubleshooter is confirmed that it only sees about 1.8V, but I'll try to figure out more with it when I get back to it. Also I might just try testing the transistor with the diode setting on my multimeter. I should have a transistor that will do the job, I have several single and darlington pnp and npn transistors on hand. I guess another advantage of a programmer you build yourself is that you can always repair it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back