Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JuneBug Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTMonkey

Dear All,

For some strange reason I am having a hard time trying to find a connector for my JuneBug (See attached).

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Attachments

• jb.JPG
    jb.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 223
UTMonkey said:
Dear All,

For some strange reason I am having a hard time trying to find a connector for my JuneBug (See attached).

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Mark
Hi,
Use a standard 'open' 0.1inch pitch 8 way Molex male pcb mount.
The mating part ie: the cable socket requires crimp wire tags as well as the header.

Look here:
https://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?sku=9730982

Last edited:
You can use a KK molex but they have these really nice ones that Creatron sells I'll have to get the part number for them. They are 0.1" spacing.

Sorry, looked around and cannot find anything remotely similar, I suppose I have two choices, replace the connector with one that I can source or contact Creatron.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions

I'd use what you can find, the KK type are available from digikey.
Here's the 8pin KK PCB connector
Digikey #
WM4207-ND for the header
WM2006-ND for the cable part.
WM1114-ND for the crimp terminals.

digikey page with connectors, headers and contacts.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
UTMonkey said:
I just use plain old single row pin header **broken link removed**. Simple, cheap and versatile. If your parts bins don't have a bunch of these already, they should have. They come in **broken link removed**. Simply cut off what you need.

You can buy matching **broken link removed** as well. To make connectors to plug onto the male header I use **broken link removed**. Here they are **broken link removed**. You can also use female header to make connectors.

I made a **broken link removed** to connect the Junebug's **broken link removed** to a breadboard. Here's the **broken link removed**. And here's the **broken link removed**. As you can see, the way I built the breadboard end isn't the most robust connection in the world. Some hot-melt glue would make it somewhat more permanent. It's quick and dirty - **broken link removed** for now. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back