Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JTAG flashing memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PAC Mafia

Hello,

I read 2 memories firmware by JTAG using URJtag but when I used flashmem instruction and it finished writing on them, when I compared the binary files, original and written on them, they were different. Aparently the code is the same but every some hex lines I saw an extra byte which finally makes the file different, let´s say the code is moving on byte to the right every some lines due to that new byte. Any idea about this?

Are you encrypting the code?

Gotta be sure programming voltages are correct. Had similar problems myself. wound up programming the flash directly.

Thank you for your answer, further investigation send to me to a problem on URJTAG under Windows, it seems there was a bug, somebody created a patch for those instructions with problems but I couldn´t check it yet. Supposely in Linux that problem doesn´t exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back