Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Job Workflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

Hello,
i work as electrical designer and my work flow driving me crazy =). Very often when i am near finish with project investor come and change almost everything and i need to remake it.
Worst project ever was bus station with shop centre. 8 times i need to change almost everything! Recalculate lighting in 4 floors, and move with electrical components. There are few designers in our republic . Now i understand why =D.
Does this happen in other designer jobs?

The 'trick' is to get everything in writing (carved on granite blocks would be good!), and a contract that requires them to pay again for changes.
I told boss about that "trick" several times. But he always respond, that this is part of workflow and nothing cant be done with it.
Ehrwrg..

They get a quote for design & manufacture. They buy off on the quote and they get a legal binding contract. Design changes cost money and that is well spelled out in the contract. Changes cost money and it really matters not to me. This is why everything needs spelled out in detail, it's likely also why corporate lawyers are well paid.

Ron

I told boss about that "trick" several times. But he always respond, that this is part of workflow and nothing cant be done with it.
Ehrwrg..

The response sounds more like a political answer.
;)

Frankly, I don't care how many changes there are, as long as the customer pays for them.:)

Just tell the customer that there will be costs and delays to the schedule.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back