Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

JDM type, Modification by Someone Electro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay.slovak

Hi Berni, try to discuss your idea here. Take this Olimex JDM and use your Idea with it.

Attachments

• pic-pg2c-sch_133.gif
    pic-pg2c-sch_133.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 437
Lets see thsi is JDM right

I gota write down what PIN controles what:
MCRL: pin 3
Vdd : pin 5
Clock: pin 7
Data : pin 8

This pin configuration works whith IC prog right?

Oh an the idea is to use LEDs to regulate the 12V to 4V (2 2V LEDs in seris)

So the LEDs wont only give an status indication but do a useful job protecting a PIC from 12V

Some serial ports also take 2V on a input as high so this gets rid of an nother transistor.

Il try to get it work whithout even an 5V regulator but using LEDs (how much power dose it nead in programing mode anyway?)

If this works it going to be an realy flashy programer.

It gona be powerd by the port it self.

btw: Berni is my other nickname. (So you know who is the berni that jay is talking about )

Whatch out, JDM's ground IS NOT connected with PC ground, but it's on different level. This programmer is JDM based and IS compatible with IC-prog.

Programming current is very low, don't even bother to take it into account.

Yea i know i was trying to find out where ground is.Then i found out that a certan voltage is "ground".

So i need 8 LEDs

I wod be cool to have difrent color LEDs at difrent positins in a semitransfarent box.But im going to go whith what color i find laying around. (probly some normal red,yelow and green LEDs)

The only problem is i dont have an COM port conector. To aculy conect the ting

Someone Electro said:
Yea i know i was trying to find out where ground is.Then i found out that a certan voltage is "ground".

So i need 8 LEDs

I wod be cool to have difrent color LEDs at difrent positins in a semitransfarent box.But im going to go whith what color i find laying around. (probly some normal red,yelow and green LEDs)

The only problem is i dont have an COM port conector. To aculy conect the ting
I am interested if you can make this work :D

FINALY you stupid,trublemaking conector ****!!! :evil:

I FINALY got it out of the ruber.Becose the cable out of it only had 3 wires (TX,RX,GND) so i had to rip it out off the ruber.I was redy to throw it out the window! That conector pised me off!!!It just didnt want to get lose.Now to soler the wires to it. (I beter come down before i get to doing it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back