Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Jacob's ladder with TV transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

You we need add a couple of capacitor's and get some plan's on the jacob's ladder.

Hey GTAman . . . i mean roboticinfo :lol: . how did you change ur name anyway?
Are you talking about making myself a voltage doubler, tripler, quadrupler . . .

Wuddya mean i need plans? I have a functioning ladder. I think that all i need is to up the voltage a bit because like i mentioned, the arc stays in one place unless i move the ladder apart.

zachtheterrible said:
Hey GTAman . . . i mean roboticinfo :lol: . how did you change ur name anyway?
Are you talking about making myself a voltage doubler, tripler, quadrupler . . .

Wuddya mean i need plans? I have a functioning ladder. I think that all i need is to up the voltage a bit because like i mentioned, the arc stays in one place unless i move the ladder apart.

I pm'ed "Electromaster" and had hime change my account name.

Anyway I did not know you had a full functioning Jacob's ladder, Also wouldn't that be cooler if it was staying at the top?

It would be kind of impossible to make it stay at the top because it creates hot air, which makes the arc rise up the ladder. There would probably be so much hot air rising that it would extinguish it at the top.

Well, i kind of just need to make something to contain the transformer so no one touches it while in operation (they wouldnt know that the core is HV). I also need to make a better ladder and itll be dun :lol:

zachtheterrible said:
Well, i kind of just need to make something to contain the transformer so no one touches it while in operation (they wouldnt know that the core is HV). I also need to make a better ladder and itll be dun :lol:

You need to contain the ladder as well - that carries the same high voltage as the transformer (obviously, as it connects directly to it).

You need to contain the ladder as well - that carries the same high voltage as the transformer (obviously, as it connects directly to it).
Yea, i forgot to say that, not to mention the ozone that it produces.

Just take a video of it, post it here and a pic on your wall, and dismantle the dangerous thing! :lol:

BUT ITS SOOOO COOL!! i can show it to people wen they come over to my house and they tell others and i get the reputation of being a mad scientist :twisted:

I AM going to secure it though 4sure.

i have that jacobs ladder kit from silicon chip although getting the spark to climb is a bit of a prob to me and a couple of other people i've seen on the net. apparently the spark isn't hot enough to rise. Picture 002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back