Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Its URGENT please........

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulshah

I have got a stepper motor from EPSON lx300 printer. Its number is EM211, but I dont have any further information about the motor.

Can anyone please provide me with the datasheet of the motor, or atleast few specifications like its step-angle, torque, supply voltage, its wire connections, etc.

Thanks in advance.

You should be able to turn the shaft by hand and feel the steps.

Attach a small piece of tape so you know when you have completed one full rotation.

See if you can get more hints here:

Attachments

• motorbas.pdf
    189.8 KB · Views: 324
first you didnt give info about your motor. how many wires have? You cant find always datasheet about stepper motor that you took from a printer. if you want to know about working volt then you can try to find servicem anual of that printer. then you will know working volt.
Let me tell you of my some step motor experinces. 4 wires stepper step calls biploar step motors. 5 and more wires step motors calls unipolar step motors. You say you took from a printer. Then probably that motor works with 24 volt or 32 volt. If you writing code for mcu you have to drive with h-bridge drivers like L298 or with power transistors etc..

A six-wire stepper sounds like a unipolar stepper. Check out **broken link removed** site, it tells you how to identify the wires, the type, etc. That should get you started into finding the voltage, steps, etc, which will help with interfacing. There was also **broken link removed** of a fellow who is trying to interface with an EM211 from the same kind of printer - his email is included in the post - perhaps you could email him and see if he ever found any info (although the post was from '04 - he may have given up a long time ago!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back