Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ISIS proteus I2C tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

If you are coding for I2C , use the special PULLUP library components rather than actual simulator resistors on the SDA/SCL lines...or I2C will see spurious noise errors causing the (PIC16F) SSPSTAT to toggle to a stop condition and trigger a NACK rather than an ACK.

Also for faster data edges use 1K pullups in your circuit rather than 10K.

Also to inject data from the Virtual terminal...set it to echo, ASCII or HEX....and use the CTRL +'letter' or ALT ### to inject data into the RX line of a uC. Be sure to set your baud rate to match.

When injecting a pulse into a counter GPIO etc...use the digital clock option rather than the analog voltage pulses....or you'l suffer massive CPU load. Similarly for dropping resistors etc, set them to digital.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back