Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this the problem with baud rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueshero

I have c8051f005 microcontroller with 11MHz external clock mounted. My project is about:
1) displaying real time data (which get from real time clock) + random generated number in hyperterminal (through serial comm UART with 115200 baud rate, also MAX232)
2) then save them in eeprom
3) read them in hyperterminal

Im using timer 3 interrupt routine to display the real time data + rgn and to save them in eeprom. Everything is working fine when my sampling frequency is below 150Hz. Im using LED and oscilloscope to check the frequency.
Now my problem is:
1) After i raised the sampling frequency to (let say) 500Hz, i found that the frequency remained at about 150Hz, it cant go higher.
2) If i remove the displaying function, the frequency can reach 500Hz, but when i retrieving the data from eeprom and display them in hyperterminal, all the data looks like...corrupted
3) I tried to raise my baudrate in hyperterminal setting but I duno why I cant change it to higher one.

Now im wondering whether my baud rate is too low or there is some other reason.
Thanks for your help :D

am i posting in wrong section? why nobody is helping? :'(

Probably becase you're posting in the middle of the night, and not allowing much time for any respopnses.

You're also posting about an antique processor which few members her use.

I will move it to the corrct forum for you though.

Probably becase you're posting in the middle of the night, and not allowing much time for any respopnses.

You're also posting about an antique processor which few members her use.

I will move it to the corrct forum for you though.

opps! sry that i've forgot i'm in different country from u all :p
appreciated for your help! thanks alot :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back