Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is this that HARD or am I not providing enough info

Status
Not open for further replies.

caster

I have a device that will trigger when it senses 3 (+) or (-) pulses in a row. When the device triggers it will output a (- 150ma) or (+) ( for 30 seconds )to roll down my windows and top or roll up my windows and top. This device has already been aquired and I needed to use it to interface with my factory remote ( for a car).

This is my problem. The trigger Im using is the wires off the lock.unlock motor

The motor shows these conditions
( wire 1 and wire 2 are the motor wires)

DURING LOCK
wire 1 is + ( around 7 VDC)
wire 2 is -

DURING UNLOCK
wire 1 is + ( about 5VDC)
wire 2 is +

Since IM using a positive trigger, when unlocking wire 1 will kick off the lock device ( roll up windows). I only want the device connected to wire 2 ( which is + during unlock) to kick off.

I thought abot killing power to the device on wire 1 using a relay but I really dont want to use a realy.

Is there any project I could build that when it senses wire 1 is + and wire 2 is - to activate a device? I.E. send power to the device

or when it senses wire 1 is + and wire 2 is + to kill power to a device?

or is there a device that on a constant + kill power to a device?

Thank for all your help. If you need additional information please ask

It may not be hard to do, but I don't understand your description.

What does "wire 2 is -" mean? Minus how much? Do you mean zero volts relative to frame ground (battery negative terminal)?

What does "wire 2 is +" mean? Plus how much? Does this mean equal to the battery voltage?

Ron H said:
It may not be hard to do, but I don't understand your description.

What does "wire 2 is -" mean? Minus how much? Do you mean zero volts relative to frame ground (battery negative terminal)?

What does "wire 2 is +" mean? Plus how much? Does this mean equal to the battery voltage?

wire 2 (-) mean negative ground. multimeter shows as frame ground. I dont want to use this wire as a ground for my project though

wire 2 (+) mean positive at 7VDC if your looking at lock

wire 2 (+) mean positive at 5 vdc if your looking at unlock

What im really trying to do is maybe get a logic circuit that when it sees wire 1(+) and wire 2(-) it will allow wire 1 (+) pulse thru to my device.

If you need any more information please ask. I really need assistance and apperciate your help

Thanks

If you are using the remote to lock & unlock 3 times to trigger the device, you only need the signal on wire #2. I don't see any point in turning the device Off and On. The device should include a timeout so the window does not automatically roll down the third time you lock or unlock the car.

Your 'motor' voltage should be 12v. locking solenoids draw several amps and you're probably getting a voltage drop across the wiring. They lock/unlock by changing the polarity to get the opposite action. The output of your device has to be capable of handling 8-10 amps ,otherwise you'll need a relay interface. They are intermittant duty devices, not to have voltage on them continously...

It looks like the switch for the motor is on the negative side of the
supply (open collector). When in Off state, both ends are on same
(positive) potential.

Russlk said:
If you are using the remote to lock & unlock 3 times to trigger the device, you only need the signal on wire #2. I don't see any point in turning the device Off and On. The device should include a timeout so the window does not automatically roll down the third time you lock or unlock the car.

you are correct there is no point to turn on and off the device

THOUGH

i have two devices. One device does a condition on lock and the other on unlock.

The unlock one can just be hooked to wire 2 with no problems

The lock one if I hook to wire1 will trigger on both lock and unlock. I just want it to trigger on lock

panic mode said:
It looks like the switch for the motor is on the negative side of the
supply (open collector). When in Off state, both ends are on same
(positive) potential.
heres a schmatic of the motor **broken link removed** . the first motor is referred to as the central locking motor the second one is the central locking (SAFE) motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back