Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is this exist.........?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallat

Can Anybody knows that following mentioned kit is available or not, if yes the with what exact name and from where?.........I shell be really grateful:

I want to buy a product (if exits) with following features.
My required features are as under:

1- If I rotate the knob of the "potentiometers" to 30 degrees clockwise then the drive shaft of the motor should also rotate 30 degrees clockwise and with same speed with which I will rotate the knob of "potentiometers".

2- If we rotate the "potentiometers" in any direction then the motor’s drive shaft should also move in both directions respectively.

3- Input current should not be less than 3.5amp. I mean to say that I need to pick-up & move almost 10 to13kg of weight with 40 to 400 rpm. So the motor should be that much heavy to accomplish the job easily.

4- This kit should have input of 12volts.

THANKS!

This is simply a servo design - small ones for radio control are easily (and cheaply) available - you could also easily produce a simple controller to drive it.

The problem is that of your power requirements, this takes it well above the realm of hobby servos. You will probably have to use professional servo systems, which will command a professional price - or build your own from scratch.

Have a look at http://rswww.com and search for P/N 263-6027 for an example of a servo control board (12V and 4A peak current).

There is a problem with your "required features": you want to turn the "potentiometer" by hand and have the motor follow, but the motor runs at 40-400 RPM. That does not make sense.

Russlk said:
There is a problem with your "required features": you want to turn the "potentiometer" by hand and have the motor follow, but the motor runs at 40-400 RPM. That does not make sense.
Maybe he has a multiturn pot and a really fast hand. After all, 400 RPM is ONLY about 7 rev/sec. :D

I am a novice when it comes to stepping motors but wonder if a stepping motor of sufficient capacity is appropriate. The "pot" might be an optical device with the control system arranged for the motor turns to match the "pot."

Some of this reminds me of a selsyn - I've seen military surplus dealers advertise them. Not sure that they deliver much torque though.

stevez said:
I am a novice when it comes to stepping motors but wonder if a stepping motor of sufficient capacity is appropriate. The "pot" might be an optical device with the control system arranged for the motor turns to match the "pot."

You may be able to duplicate something similar using a stepper motor, but his power requirements would make it hugely expensive, and very power hungry - assuming you can even buy steppers that big?.

The device is simply a standard servo system, it just needs one of suitable power - which means it has to be an industrial device, or a home made one. I remember seeing one made from a windscreen wiper motor on the net somewhere, used to steer a largish robot - presumably that would give something like the type of power required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back