Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this character LCD defective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

excetara2

I recently bought a 20x4 character LCD from SparkFun (LCD-00256). I hooked up power (5V) and GND to the LCD without my microcontroller connected just to see if the contrast would work. I used a 10K pot like I've done before with graphic LCDs but I've never use a char LCD.

Problem is, the contrast pot only seems to control the 2nd and 4th lines, not the 1st and 3rd. Is the LCD defective? I'm waiting for SparkFun to reply to my email about it.

Thanks.

The display should be fine. The missing lines are activated/selected by the proper initialization program from the microcontroller.
Miguel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back