Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this a three leg capacitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be possible to look at the traces on the other side and just rebuild the thing entirely with new components? or at least figure out what the output is like and emulate it with something

Thanks again Hero999

I wasn't aware that the " X & Y" designations had significant meaning with regards to rating.

I'll start hunting these capacitors down today. My wife is keen to have the sewing machine working again.

Cheers,

Pete :)

similar problem with exactly the same equipment

i have the similar problem with that speed control board of Pfaff 1222. I wonder if it worked what you had been about to do for replacing the 3 leg capacitor. Also i have searched for the schematics for that electronic board, but could not find any. Could you find it recently?

Hi,

Just experienced the same problem with our Pfaff 1222E however the blown capacitor part number is an ERO F1742-0002-00 but serves the same function as Pete's. Has anyone found a solution? The machine has been used extensively and while old it's been most reliable and thus the need to repair it. Any and all help is appreciated.

Len

hey guys ,all you guys trying to fix the control for a phaff 1222 machine i have fixed and the answer is so simple for you .
the electrolytic capacitor that blows out is only a interferance suppressor so just cut the 3 legs off clean up any **** blown around inside check if any solder has any dry joints an if not put new 2amp fuse in then assemble and away it goes .
the fuse is 40cents in jaycor ,cheap repair and the sewing shops charge an arm and a leg for this. cheers have a nice day.
peter coffs.

hey lenharvey yes just cut the 3 legs off short check theres no dry joint solder under the board and put in new fuse of same kind quick blow and assemble away it goes for 40cents .peter coffs .

Thanks ausiepete,

Previously realized the purpose of the capacitor and removed same. El Phaffo continues working like a champ. Thanks anyway for the input.

Cheers,

Len

Same problem

Hi Pete,
I have the same problem with the same... sewing machine.
I had also the fuse that was fuond melted, I am not sure if the capacitor failure is the actual root cause of the failure and not the consequence.
Did you change the capacitor?
Did it fix the issue?
Was your fuse melted as well? (On the picture it seems that it was the case since it is removed)
Thank you for your post and your feedback
Vince

An OC71 transistor was GERMANIUM! I found a datasheet printed in 1957! The datasheet is 54 years old.

Pfaff 1222 motor control PCB schematic

Hi friends,
Have found your thread while repairing friends 1222. Same cap blow-up as yours!
Please note, the fuse rating is 2 amps SLOW-BLOW, (not fast). Marked T2, for time delay.
I hand-drew the schematic. I know it's rough! May help some-one. Semiconductor types are marked.
View attachment 64325
Regards,
Clive

Hi Clive,
thank you very much for there diagram, my wifes machine has just died and there is no blown fuse or anything that looks blown on the board .This will help me allot.

Regard Mark

Hi Mark,
Happy to be of assistance.
If your wife has used the machine a lot, watch out for worn out carbon brushes in the motor. That will stop it completely, quite aside from the electronics!
Dismount the PCB and test-power the motor directly, via pins 4 & 6.
Good luck.
Clive.

Oops, sorry folks and Mark.
I made a silly mistake. I should have said pins 4 & 5!
4 to 6 is rotor only. 5 to 6 is stator only.
Clive.

Last edited:
Hello everyone (from France, Bretagne),
Iam interested by the
"Pfaff 1222 motor control PCB schematic",
but i can't download it. (i use Chrome with Windows Seven).
Thanks for help.

Hi buxus.

Sorry to say but this site had a problem a short while ago and many of the older attachments were lost. I can't see the schematic either so I would conclude it no longer exists on the server.

Pfaff 1222 schematic Reloaded

Hi buxus22 and rmn_tech,
Here is the schematic jpg.
Clive Judd

Attachments

• Pfaff 1222 motor control.jpeg
    Pfaff 1222 motor control.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 985
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips