Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this a good equivalent for te LM741 OpAmp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok its the other way from what i said but you still have same problem of getting a pot with enough resolution, for example one of those multi turn pots with the scales on is best but they cost£££ without it your going to have to use a DMM in wich case you dont actually need the circuit! i like the idea of building a constant current source tho and using that, maybe one those variable voltage regs used as constant current config (not sure if they will go high enough). if its just a fun build thing then fair enough but if its a need it kind of tool there must be better designs on the net?? i am not taking the P by the way just trying to help :D i am not always good at coming across properly on the net! i never mean anything in a nasty way tho i only ever want to help in my own limited way and learn as i do it

There are some posts that I expect to end in a post or 3 because the answer should be simple. When they get longer then that I get curious. This is one of them.

LG one of the things you might run across in using diodes or transistors not intended for temperature measurement is that each unit might give you a different value for the same temperature. This is not a problem if you characterize each and use that information in your code or hardware. Shades of grey here.
i was wondering about that, it's a kind of must calibrate each one sort of thing, but for what i had in mind alot of very cheap sensor's that dont have to be that accurate would be good, i need 4 accurate ones as well and the toss up is ds18s20 like dad uses or go the calibrated thermistor road, but both has + and - sides so i am still undecided :D

You are very welcome LG .
Am actually in the same situation as you trying to get information and use it to help after .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back