Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is there a genuinly useful datasheet site ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

I know this sound like real stupid but i get the impression that ALL yes ALL the datasheet finder site (all datasheet ecc) are a damn waste of time as they just run u round in circles and do not provide the datasheet but just some basic stupid info and of course lots of adds that after a while it is a joy to click on as one gets the impression that that might be best. i have tries a search for sn74s08.pdf and have found no pdf files on sites that in the google results seemed to have them.
so whats going on and what the hec do i do i got like 20 digital chips that i have forgotten what they do and wouldn't mind complete datasheets for all of them.
Thanks
Simon

Thunderchild said:
I know this sound like real stupid but i get the impression that ALL yes ALL the datasheet finder site (all datasheet ecc) are a damn waste of time as they just run u round in circles and do not provide the datasheet but just some basic stupid info and of course lots of adds that after a while it is a joy to click on as one gets the impression that that might be best. i have tries a search for sn74s08.pdf and have found no pdf files on sites that in the google results seemed to have them.
so whats going on and what the hec do i do i got like 20 digital chips that i have forgotten what they do and wouldn't mind complete datasheets for all of them.

Try using search engines 'properly', a google for +74s08 +datasheet finds plenty of downloadable datasheets for it!.

Don't add extra letters you don't require, you're just making it more unlikely to get a result!.

In fact, it's hard to come up with a variant of sn74s08 that will *not* return links to the datasheet. Are you sure you used Google? :lol:

There are several datasheet databases on the web, but using Google is a much better way of finding what you're looking for, instead of limiting your search to one particular database.

yea i used google. maybe i should of used 74s08 and not sn74s08 but for goodness sake any datasheet search i do puts these so called datasheet sites up as first results and they are all mostly ****

Thunderchild said:
yea i used google. maybe i should of used 74s08 and not sn74s08 but for goodness sake any datasheet search i do puts these so called datasheet sites up as first results and they are all mostly [bleep]

Any chance you might be using a localized version of Google, like Google.it? I know sometimes Google.ca doesn't return the same results as Google.com.

A search on Google.com for "sn74s08" returns a link to the datasheet PDF as the very first result. Try it! :

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sn74s08&btnG=Google+Search

ok so i clicked on your link and found NO imidiate datasheets and unevitable got to alldatasheet.com where clicking on the sn74s08.pdf link leads to a page that after some time tells me the pdf file is damaged here try it ur selves:

https://alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/pdf/TI/SN74S08.html

my usual way of using google to get a data sheet is this:
*.pdf
then in those results
datasheet
then in those results
the part i want

and i was always able to get a decent datasheet in pdf format.
now it seems that there are phantom pdf files to get u there quiker looking at their adverts i mean hell what happened to the producers of these chips don't they supply info on their own gear where have they been swmped to ?

Thunderchild said:
i mean hell what happened to the producers of these chips don't they supply info on their own gear where have they been swmped to ?

Manufacturers generally provide datasheets for their current products, it's for equipment manufacturers to use for designing products, they generally don't bother supplying datasheets for ancient devices like this one. This device is probably 25-30 years old?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Thunderchild said:
well i use google.co.uk

So do I, it works fine, and you can choose either UK or worldwide searching.

Like I said, localized versions of Google do not return the same results as Google.com. Here's the first result from Google.com :

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2005/09/7408.pdf

Localized versions, for example Google.co.uk, return links ranked more popular from Google.co.uk users, and not from Google.com users. It doesn't limit its search in any way, it just modifies its ranking system. I tried it with Google.it, and the results are even different from Google.com and Google.co.uk.

hm well i solvled my problem: on the blasted alldatasheets.com site they were generous enough to mention that the IC is produced by Texas Instrument and just happened to supply the address (that i had to type manualy as it was not a link ha) and i have spent some time downloading all the datasheets i wanted with no problem. so big Q why the hec don't everybody go strait to Texas Instruments ? and why is it not in the first results ?

Thunderchild said:
hm well i solvled my problem: on the blasted alldatasheets.com site they were generous enough to mention that the IC is produced by Texas Instrument and just happened to supply the address (that i had to type manualy as it was not a link ha) and i have spent some time downloading all the datasheets i wanted with no problem. so big Q why the hec don't everybody go strait to Texas Instruments ? and why is it not in the first results ?

The first result from Google when searching for "sn74s08" returns a link to the original Texas Instruments SN74S08 datasheet.

The second result links directly to Texas Instruments' SN74S08 product page, which contains a link to the same datasheet as the first link.

The third result links directly to the Texas Instrument datasheet, linked in the previous Google result, which is the same as the one from the first Google result.

How simpler can it get?

well i'm baffled as these r not the results i got perhaps i'm being put thru the bloody italian google. i meam i put in .com and got .it and had to select it in english. never mind i got there in the end.

Thunderchild said:
well i'm baffled as these r not the results i got perhaps i'm being put thru the bloody italian google. i meam i put in .com and got .it and had to select it in english. never mind i got there in the end.

The same's happening to me from time to time and I don't know why. I can enter my search in Google.com and the results will be displayed by Google.ca. I have to click on "Take me to Google.com", and then everything's fine, until next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back