Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is it possible to use single supply for opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

saran

is it possible to use single supply for opamp i.e.. 12v alone .
My appication is to measure current , so that the output of CT is connected to my preciion rectifier , i am using 4558 opamp and +12v and -12v for supply pins. Is it possible to use only +12v, my output range should be within 5v for the range of 20 amps . So if 20 amps flows means , the output should be 5v.and if 10 amps means 2.5v should be the output , i am getiing the required output while using dual supply but while trying in single supply , i am not getting it , can anyone help me

The application notes are rich with examples on how to use the 4558 with a single supply (also look at application notes for 741 and LM124 and LM324).

A key concept to learn is "common mode range".

Split the supply voltage in half with a voltage divider and connect the division point to the non-inverting output. A 100uF cap from the division point to ground will keep power supply noise out.

...or use a "chopper stabilized" op-amp like the MC34071... and I believe the TL272 handles single supply easily too (though not tried it.) I'm using the MC34071 successfully in a circuit requiring 0-15v swing without the neg power supply.

P.

hi saran,
Can you post a sketch of the way you have connected the dual and single supply versions of your circuit.

sir can any one help i am having 14 mv ac signal out put from current tronsformer 1:1000 i want to amplify this to up to 7v and convert as dc can any one give me the idea or scematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back