Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to make air gap in pot-core which doesn't have it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MrAI

Working with ferrite cores reminded me mostly of the days when I did glassblowing. I suspect a small score would help direct the fracture, and maybe forcing a tapered rod into the hole with the score on the outer perimeter would help more. A little spit on the score also helps, at least with glass. I just used a thin abrasive cut-off wheel (not the fiber reinforced one) in my Dremal. I put a wet sponge next to it and cut through the sponge and ferrite at the same time. That gave adequate cooling.

As for high-temperature adhesives, there are of course purpose made ones available. For a cheap substitute, you might consider water glass (sodium metasilicate and other names).

John

al, i often use flyback cores for various medium size toroids. they are already in halves and can be reassembled with or without shims, and they often come with a spring that holds them together. crt yoke cores are useful for larger toroids, and are also made in halves. just as long as you don't mind the somewhat conical cross-section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back