Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is it possible to fix my laptops LCD panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont be so silly Torbram, If anyone other than me had commented about the way that this member had treated 2 people that had honestly tried to help him, you would be the first person to get up on your high horse and cheer him on.

Um. . .perhaps you missed the fact that I posted my first response before you did, and I called him out for exactly the same things, just in a different manner? Hmmm?

I don't know where you get the assertion that I would have "cheered on" the OP, since you have no evidence to back it up. Especially given that when I posted, before you did, I explicitly did not.

You're lying again. Or just not paying attention. [Edit: I tend to think you're just not paying attention, since you posted that I called you an idiot when my post actually said that you were not an idiot, and since you can't seem to get my name right even though it's right there on the page.]

Again...what I said was honest...and correct, as your comment was about me trying to get a lower reputation count
If you dont like my responses, report me to the moderator, and let him/her/it decide up\on my fate.

Why would I report you to the moderator? That would be a weasel thing to do since we simply disagree. You're not spamming or anything like that so I have no reason to try to suppress what you're saying. I'm simply saying that I don't agree with you, which is far different from me saying that I don't think you should be allowed to say it.

I could also nuke your rep points, but what would that prove? Nothing.

Torben

Last edited:
I could also nuke your rep points, but what would that prove? Nothing.

Torben
Man...you really like to throw around the term "liar".
Since rep points mean absolutely nothing...please do...I would greatly appreciate it, as it would prove my point...you dont like this specific little argument with me, so you can kill my reputation if you so wish....proving reputation has nothing to do with usefulness or skill level in electronics, which after all, is what this forum is all about....which should be electronics

Last edited:
Since rep points mean absolutely nothing...please do...I would greatly appreciate it, as it would prove my point...you dont like this specific little argument with me, so you can kill my reputation if you so wish....proving reputation has nothing to do with usefulness or skill level in electronics, which after all, is what this forum is all about....which should be electronics

Exactly my point, which is why I won't. Rep point systems are brought down by people who abuse them, which is why I won't.

A martyr who has put his own head upon the chopping block (which is what you're trying to be) has proved nothing.

Torben

Last edited:
Man...you really like to throw around the term "liar".

I wouldn't if your posts were consistent but you keep contradicting yourself.

...proving reputation has nothing to do with usefulness or skill level in electronics, which after all, is what this forum is all about....which should be electronics

Um. . .nobody ever said the rep system had anything to do with electronic skill. People who like the board to work smoothly either A) ignore it, or B) use it correctly, in which case the rep system has more to do with someone's *reputation* on the board than their electronic skill.

That's why it's called 'reputation', not 'electronic skill score'. I would have hoped that would be obvious. Sheesh.

Torben

Exactly my point, which is why I won't. Rep point systems are brought down by people who abuse them, which is why I won't.

A martyr who has put his own head upon the chopping block (which is what you're trying to be) has proved nothing.

Torben
I dont think that Im being a martyr in any way shape or form. I in no way believe in the current ratings system, so if my personal rating is poor, it simply means nothing to me.
Killing off my reputation hereeffects me in no way, shape, or form, so threatening me with doing it is just plain laughable. If you wish to control people by giving them capricous labels like "good" or "Bad"...or "knowledgeble", then the system should be at least little bit accurate.

I dont think that Im being a martyr in any way shape or form. I in no way believe in the current ratings system, so if my personal rating is poor, it simply means nothing to me.
Killing off my reputation hereeffects me in no way, shape, or form, so threatening me with doing it is just plain laughable. If you wish to control people by giving them capricous labels like "good" or "Bad"...or "knowledgeble", then the system should be at least little bit accurate.

Who threatened you? For my part, I specifically said I wouldn't down-rep you. I don't want to control you or label you. You seem to think I do. You're wrong.

Torben

If you look back in your own replies, you have labelled me many times

If you read over them, you'll find that I have not labelled you. I have described what you are doing. Whether that describes what you usually do or is indicative of what you *are*, I don't know.

There is an important difference.

Torben

thas exactly what ppeople say when they are labelling people...."oh Im not labelling you...Im just describing you, or what you said"...come on Tor, you can do better than that. That statement desnt even make sense..come on, your smarter than that.

thas exactly what ppeople say when they are labelling people...."oh Im not labelling you...Im just describing you, or what you said"...come on Tor, you can do better than that. That statement desnt even make sense..come on, your smarter than that.

The problem is simply that you don't understand the difference.

You're simply trying to make yourself out like you've been wronged. You haven't.

You acted like an ass and someone called you on it. Man up and deal with it.

Torben

P.S. You'll have to prove yourself to be a whole lot smarter than your contributions to the board have done so far before you can worry me with attempted condescension such as "you're smarter than that". There are people here whose opinion I respect. You're not yet one of them.

The problem is simply that you don't understand the difference.

You're simply trying to make yourself out like you've been wronged. You haven't.

You acted like an ass and someone called you on it. Man up and deal with it.

Torben

P.S. You'll have to prove yourself to be a whole lot smarter than your contributions to the board have done so far before you can worry me with attempted condescension such as "you're smarter than that". There are people here whose opinion I respect. You're not yet one of them.

I dont believe that I have been wronged in any shape or form. As I have stated before the original 2 people who attempted to answer the OPs question have been wronged.
If you personally feel that I acted like an ass thats your problem, not mine (remember, your not judging me or labelling me...right?)
P.S Im not here to have my ego stroked..I really dont care what you , or anyone else here thinks of me, or if you, or anyone else here respects me or my opinion or not. Im not here to "prove" anything to anyone about myself, and I certainly dont require a made-up system to prove to thers who do not know me, my percieved usefulness.
I certainly would never attempt to pull off condescension with the KING of condescension.

Last edited:
I certainly would never attempt to pull off condescension with the KING of condescension.

But you did just that. How do you reconcile the difference between what you are saying and what you are doing?

Torben

I dont believe that I have been wronged in any shape or form. As I have stated before the original 2 people who attempted to answer the OPs question have been wronged.

Which I agreed with, in case you missed that yet again.

If you personally feel that I acted like an ass thats your problem, not mine (remember, your not judging me or labelling me...right?)

Wrong. I'm judging you but only for myself, not for anybody else. I feel that you've been an ass, yes. Am I labelling you an ass? No, but if you want to think so, go on ahead if that makes you happy.

Torben

But you did just that. How do you reconcile the difference between what you are saying and what you are doing?

Torben

The way that I reconcile it is the simple way all people do

...I am human, therfore I am flawed

Last edited:
Please stop arguing like 2 year olds and try and help me please, with my acer n35 thread or with my LiPo charger help thread. That would probably be more interesting, and I would be grateful as well. Maybe we can all be friends and nice to each other. Thank you. PEACE AND LOVE!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back