Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is it going to end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanfirst

i think most of us here are fammiliar with Moore's law.
i know that now for the newest microprocessors they use 11u(microns) technology.
but as components get smaller, acording to the law i just mentioned, each aprox. 2 years we have a doublinilg in components density. but it can't contnue like this for ever, because we will get to make transistors so small that they will be made of a precise number of atoms, wich will be placed on the slice.
i think of a situation somewere in the future: "tu build a N chanel MOSFET you need 3 atomf of Si, 4 molecules of...........and so on]
what will happen then. the miniaturization will stop. maybe there will be 20-30-40....years till this but it is going to happen.
so what is the solution?
we must think of other ways to deal with information then computers...

The truth is that Moore's law will eventually end when the technology reaches a limit in miniaturization. You can't make things smaller and smaller forever :)

BTW: If it ever comes to that what you wrote ("to build an N chanel MOSFET..."), those devices will be invisible to your eyes :wink:

i know, but this us what they will learn. now we learn that to make a transistor you need to place a layer of ......and one of....
what about cuantic computers?
i think that this might be the solution...

With the progressive research into organics they won't make them so much as grow them.

:? :lol: :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back