Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is a 12f output pin an open drain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smanches

I just saw a post that stated when a PIC pin is in output mode it's an open drain? Is this true of all the 8-bit series? I think the post was about the 16f or 18f specifically, but I was wondering about the 12f? I can't seem to find it now. :(

It's usually RA4 - which of course doesn't apply to 12F series.

The datasheet will tell you if there is one, on any PIC.

BTW - you can get exactly the same (as far as 5V levels go) on any PIC I/O pin, by setting the pin LOW and switching TRIS to input and output - my I2C routines work like that, as do most.

Last edited:
For PIC12F629 and 675 (and possibly others) GP3 (pin4) is input only. In all my projects, I use this pin for inputs such as a switch. It needs an external resistor to achieve "pin change."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back