Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Irony? Rest assured, life can provide some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
Nothing like being subscribed to one of those services sending by email, things like the joke of the day, famous people's last words, suggestion for a healthy diet or similar.

Many years ago he subscribed to one sending the word of the day in Spanish, including its meaning, a philological analysis plus a comparison to their equivalent in other languages.

Some 26 years ago he started to work ashore. He did it hard sacrificing even vacations (all the 26, yes, 26 in a row), struggling to get enough clients ensuring a stable / steady income. Sixteen years ago, with several jobs in progress locally, he was asked once, to travel and attend a vessel across the Atlantic in Equatorial Guinea and Nigeria. In a pinch, prior leaving, he hired a secretary with good experience in the activity (from working previously with some of his colleagues) to take care of the whole thing. Everything run smoothly until he came back home.

The experience proved to be so good and the arrangement so convenient for both parts that the hiring became permanent according to law, working 4 hours per day. She was not only a thorough, dedicated and careful worker but also a soft, sweet and let's admit it, extremely beautiful lady.

His salary was dutifully paid, always well above what the unions agreement determine plus a huge amount of extra bonuses covering many areas. He always understood that his success was possible because of her help.

Last February, he finally found, out of the city, the house where he would move in about three months time. He then told her that they could no longer keep working together so she would be paid what the law requires for the case. She agreed while saying "OK pay me what is due and I will be fine".

On early May, three weeks before the official end of their relationship, he received in hand, delivered by the postman an official letter of claim, which, coming through the Postal Service has a legal value and can be used in court.

She was claiming for all non paid salaries during all those years as if she had been working 8 hours a day. In short, a huge amount of money which included recognizing officially all the money due to unions and the tax system. That's was HUGE.

Life maybe sometimes smiles at you; but sometimes, it laughs hard and sourly at you.

That day, late in the afternoon he checked his email. The word of the day was nomeolvides, the flower most of you know as the "forget-me-not".

Rest assured, life can...

Poignant story atferrari- anyone we might know?

spec

Certain attitudes may make you feel irate, enraged, furious or wanting revenge.

I just feel frustrated and sad. Very sad.

Certain attitudes may make you feel irate, enraged, furious or wanting revenge.

I just feel frustrated and sad. Very sad.

Some people sail through life and everything they touch turns to gold and then one day they dig a big hole and put them in it.

Others have a life of trauma, bad luck, and unfairness and then one day they dig a big hole and put them in it.

Either way, the end is the same and, in the order of things, you or I do not count for a bean because once we are gone we are gone.

This applies to even the most famous people: Hitler, Stalin, Einstein, Van Gough, Elvis Presley... they have all turned to dust.

So the message is make the most of yourself and your time and, remember, the modern world is full of opportunities. Take advantage of them- that is how you get your revenge.

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back