Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

iron on pcb transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew2022

prob a stupid question, but do u ave the pcb copper side up with transfer sheet on top and iron or pcb copper down with transfer sheet underneath and heat iron the pcb?

thanx. i have tried different ways but the best am gettin is only part of it transferring to the sheet, howeva i have found another way to do it were all the toner is sticking

I spent many frustrating hours before getting it to work. I now sandwich the PC board, transfer paper, and some felt cloth between two sheets of glass, holding it together with spring clamps. I put it in the oven at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes and when cool, soak the paper off in warm water.

try a different paper.

I just started using staples brand "picture paper" ($10 for 30 sheets)
(you can get it on staples.com if you don't have a local store)

it's amazing. the traces transfer very easily, and the paper doesnt stick to the iron. the toner sticks SO WELL with this paper that you can literally take a toothbrush to the board after to finish removing the paper, rubbing about as hard as you want, and not damage the traces.

simply amazing. I was using epson glossy photo paper before, but I had 3 failed transfers in a row on one board, because it was quite complex with lots of fine traces. First try with this paper it transferred perfectly except some traces were blobbed into each other, this was because i put so much pressure on the board when ironing.

I tried again, using very little pressure, and it came out pretty much perfect.

trust me, you won't be disappointed.

the paper is a little more work to remove, as it doesn't peel off in one piece like some others, you just have to soak it for a while and keep peeling off layers, and at the end you can use fingers/toothbrush/whatever to scrub off the remaining thin layer of paper. it's definitely worth it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back