Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone,

I am making a remote controll project where i have all the main buttons of my stuff like my hifi and tv remotes on 1 controller. however I was wondering how i could find out the baudrate of the transimision signal. is this even possible. I do have an ir reciever and i can use the uart and logic functions on my pic kit. I have founds these tools great help so far

how can i find the modualation frequency and protocols my controller uses. one of the controllers i use is a slimline type and isnt poosible to take apart. does that mean i cant use it???

Find the maker of the remote, different makers have protocols that they prefer to use and they're generally well described. If you can not find out who the maker of your remote is for some reason you can use an oscilloscope and a IR photo diode to watch the output the remote sends when you hit a button. If you have a DSO it is even easier as you can capture the entire pulse and view it easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back