Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ir remote receiver and transmit the same signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindmywork

Hi. I want to build a ir remote signal receiver and transmit the same signal.
Which I can use a appliance with staying in another room.
Will anyone help me with the circuit.

thank you. i want to make it with passive components in cheap price. can u suggest a simple and working circuit.

i want to make it with passive components in cheap price. can u suggest a simple and working circuit.
If you want passive, you could try an optic fibre. If you want to use components... you'll probably want some active ones.

Passive components are resistors,capacitors, inductors, and maybe diodes. No combination of those will do what you want. What do *you* mean by "passive components"?

ak

thank you. i want to make it with passive components in cheap price. can u suggest a simple and working circuit.
a couple of stragically placed mirrors to bounce the signals between the rooms will be the only other passive way, other than optical fibre

do you think if it was easier to do that already done with the IR repeaters, it would have already been done ??

Dave

passive components means resistors, transistors, diodes etc.

thanks for the ideas though.

want a circuit with low cost .

If you want passive, you could try an optic fibre. If you want to use components... you'll probably want some active ones.
Passive components are resistors,capacitors, inductors, and maybe diodes. No combination of those will do what you want. What do *you* mean by "passive components"?

ak
a couple of stragically placed mirrors to bounce the signals between the rooms will be the only other passive way, other than optical fibre

do you think if it was easier to do that already done with the IR repeaters, it would have already been done ??

Dave

you need to understand what people are explaining to you

you were told that that isn't going to happen
and you were also told that transistors and diodes are not passive components

go buy the mirrors or go buy one of the repeaters off ebay

**broken link removed**

there is no way you could build it for that price

Dave

It doesn't. Maybe you mean discrete components?

You can do it reliably, simply and cheaply using an IR receiver module, a 555 timer, and an IR LED. Or you can just spend $3 and buy one pre-made: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/IR-Infr...-Repeater-Emitter-Adapter-Black-/291805190804 - it has a 2m cable, but you can most likely cut it and extend it if you need more.
Thanks. That's what I needed.
Buti have the components you told. (Like 555,ir led,photo diode)
That's why I'm asking for a circuit to make it. .

Im
you need to understand what people are explaining to you

you were told that that isn't going to happen
and you were also told that transistors and diodes are not passive components

go buy the mirrors or go buy one of the repeaters off ebay

**broken link removed**

there is no way you could build it for that price

Dave
Im Learning. Thanks for the info that's diodes and transistors are not passive.

No matter how you define passive devices, an IR receiver module and a 555 are not anything close. That is why you have not gotten any real advice yet. If you tell us the kinds of components you have or have access to, this will go much faster. The reflective sunglasses in your avatar mess up my ESP.

ak

You have only one of the many parts in an IR receiver IC, its photo-diode. If you can't buy one, steal the IR receiver IC from an old remote-controlled TV or DVD player.

Try Googling "ir remote control repeater diy" You will get a lot of hits. This is one that uses a NE555 which was one of your requirements. Google is a very good place to start if you do not want to be bothered designing something from scratch or just to see the approaches others have used to solve the problem. As others have said you would get more help if you give accurate information in your question rather than saing you only want to use passive components.

Les.

Try Googling "ir remote control repeater diy" You will get a lot of hits. This is one that uses a NE555 which was one of your requirements. Google is a very good place to start if you do not want to be bothered designing something from scratch or just to see the approaches others have used to solve the problem. As others have said you would get more help if you give accurate information in your question rather than saing you only want to use passive components.

Les.
Thanks Les Jones. It fits my requirement and also have components.
Will it work with any device?? I want it only for my set top box.

You will need to check the specifications for the protocol used by your set top box and confirm that the components you choose in your design meet those specifications. You should find a design that meets your needs with Google.

Les.

Will it work with any device?? I want it only for my set top box.

The type I linked in post #16, works with SKY TV, DVD player and a number of other devices.

The local radio receive, transmits the same IR pattern to the local TV etc, which the hand held remote IR transmits into the remote radio transmitter.

E

I
The type I linked in post #16, works with SKY TV, DVD player and a number of other devices.

The local radio receive, transmits the same IR pattern to the local TV etc, which the hand held remote IR transmits into the remote radio transmitter.

E
I'm from India. Can't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back