Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ir remote receiver and transmit the same signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will need to check the specifications for the protocol used by your set top box and confirm that the components you choose in your design meet those specifications. You should find a design that meets your needs with Google.

Les.
My set top box uses ir remote. Is that enough for it to work?
Do I need to set the frquency of ir?

I have two TVs. Want to connect a single set top box connection for two tvs with a cable.
When one Tv is not in use I can able to watch shows on another Tv with this ir extender.
Two TVs are in two different rooms ..

Last edited:
hi,
I would consider a simple cable link between the two TV's.
At one end would be a IR receiver and at the other a IR emitter.
So any signal from the remote control would be detected by the receiver and relayed to the IR emitter,via the wire, which will be located so that the IR output can be detected by the TV box.

hi,
I would consider a simple cable link between the two TV's.
At one end would be a IR receiver and at the other a IR emitter.
So any signal from the remote control would be detected by the receiver and relayed to the IR emitter,via the wire, which will be located so that the IR output can be detected by the TV box.
Im not able to understand

Like this image.
Image1.gif

The first circuit with the TSOP1738 IR receiver IC works only at 38kHz (IR remote controls operate on about 6 different frequencies) and is very sensitive.
The second (Hobby IR Repeat) will pickup IR interference from sunshine and compact fluorescent light bulbs and has very poor sensitivity.

Look at the datasheet of a TSOP IR receiver IC to see everything it does.
EDIT: Sorry, I have never seenspecs for the Sharp IR receiver IC in the first circiuit and it might work but it will probably pickup interference.

The first circuit with the TSOP1738 IR receiver IC works only at 38kHz (IR remote controls operate on about 6 different frequencies) and is very sensitive.
The second (Hobby IR Repeat) will pickup IR interference from sunshine and compact fluorescent light bulbs and has very poor sensitivity.

Look at the datasheet of a TSOP IR receiver IC to see everything it does.
EDIT: Sorry, I have never seenspecs for the Sharp IR receiver IC in the first circiuit and it might work but it will probably pickup interference.
That's good to know.
Gp1u52x is not available but TSOP is.
How to know my remote operating frequency.
Or can I adjust the frequency in circuit.

The first circuit with the TSOP1738 IR receiver IC works only at 38kHz

Not at all, they work over a fairly wide range of frequencies, although sensitivity is slightly reduced when used on a different frequency.

As a service engineer, I only ever stocked one type for replacement purposes, and all repairs worked perfectly to well above their design range.

I guess the IR receiver ICs are made in many frequencies with a fairly narrow bandpass for fun?
You cannot change the frequency, you buy which frequency you want. Maybe these IR receiver ICs that have the narrow carrier filter are not used in an IR repeater?

Attachments

• Tsop.png
    Tsop.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 120
I guess the IR receiver ICs are made in many frequencies with a fairly narrow bandpass for fun?
You cannot change the frequency, you buy which frequency you want. Maybe these IR receiver ICs that have the narrow carrier filter are not used in an IR repeater?

They aren't particularly narrow, so work without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back