Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR remote codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

magno_grail

Hello,
I just bought a Sony VCR for security recording. I need to have the recording start and stop with the motion lights. The user guide says it uses a universal remote, so presumably that is the Phillips code and not the Sony? Can someone point me to where I can find the code? My thought is to use a timer and preload shift register to drive an IR LED. I only need record and stop functions. If that gets too involved I will just go in and connect micro-relays across the manual switches.
I also need to switch between camera inputs. Will an analog switch such as a 4066 work or should I just use another relay?
Thanks

magno_grail said:
Hello,
I just bought a Sony VCR for security recording. I need to have the recording start and stop with the motion lights. The user guide says it uses a universal remote, so presumably that is the Phillips code and not the Sony? Can someone point me to where I can find the code? My thought is to use a timer and preload shift register to drive an IR LED. I only need record and stop functions. If that gets too involved I will just go in and connect micro-relays across the manual switches.
I also need to switch between camera inputs. Will an analog switch such as a 4066 work or should I just use another relay?
Thanks

If it's a Sony VCR it will use the SIRC's remote control system, my PIC tutorials have details of how to do it.

Thanks, Nigel. I found the codes (12 bit device,button) and timing. Appears much easier for what I need to do to just wire in a couple of micro-relays across the record/stop switches. A bit more crude but quicker and simpler. If I programmed it I would use an Atmel chip only because I know C and have not worked in assembler. Thanks.

Nigel Goodwin said:
No, I've no idea what Panasonic use - we don't sell Panasonic at work

okay 8)

magno_grail said:
If I programmed it I would use an Atmel chip only because I know C and have not worked in assembler

well, thats no problem at all. you can also program PIC microcontrollers in C. the 18F series of PICs have an instruction set optimized for C. but the choice is upto you.

have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back