Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Record/Playback device (paid?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric530

Hi I'm looking for a hardware solution that could record 8+ different IR signals from a (TV) remote control, and play them back triggered by a switch or button.
I am imagining a single circuit board with a IR receiver, a mini jack connected to a IR transmitter and 16 buttons, 1 button for recording 1 button for playback for each of the 8 signals (I am currently decided if I would want a relay to trigger each signal, but that should be an easy thing to implement)

Is anyone up for designing/building this? I am working on a product that could be commercially sold to a small population.

If you like, please respond by PM with a quote, or comments on this project.

Thank you
Eric Lin

Basically what you're looking for is a 'learning remote', but you want it to have a specific number of buttons used in a specific fashion.

As I see it the main problem in doing such a thing is deciding on how to store the received information - bearing in mind that it has to cope with a number of entirely different IR coding systems.

The development of the product is hardly the issue. It never is. How will you market the device, through what channel, and to whom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back