Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

shico90

Hello,
I wanted to ask about the IR receiver circuit.
I've got this IR receiver module sm3386
**broken link removed**
I know it isn't common but that's we have got here in Egypt
anyway, I tried to connect the circuit as it is written on the pins Vcc, Gnd, Op
but it didn't work, i think there is a whole circuit and it isn't that sample
I need to connect a led on the op to show when it receives IR
so please anyone could help me to make this receiver work?
another question, this receiver is to receive the IR from the IR transmitter from its length only?
what about any other IR, I mean will the IR from the sun will interfere with its work or what
Thank you so much

Last edited:
Hi shico90,

I couldn't find a data sheet of the SM3386.

IR-receivers require bursts of a carrier frequency of e.g. 38KHz. With a constant carrier signal the internal receiver decreases sensitivity automatically.

For comparison you might check out the Vishay TSOP17XX data sheet. (attached).

To create a signal like that you need an IR-transmitter consisting of two oscillator circuits (timer ICs) with the first enabling the high frequency oscillator at the intervals specified in the data sheet.

Boncuk

Attachments

• TSOP1736.pdf
    182.1 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
Thank you Boncuk for your reply
but i was looking for the receiver circuit that will make the module to operate

that should work, i didnt calculate resistance, so be careful use a pot! start high go low for brightness of led

Attachments

• op.png
    op.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 533
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back