Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR receiver module not giving desired input

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahkumm

I hav this IR receiver module, IRM-8601s, according to the datasheet, I should get a high of 4.5v and above when there is IR detected and 0.2v when there is not any IR received, however, wat I got was 0.2V and 1.2V.
I need it to be more digital as an input to the microcontroller.
Help?

Most IR sensors require strong external pull-up resistor of around 2.2k. Have you connected it?

Pull up resistors?

Pull up resistors? Wat do u mean? where should it be connected?

If you have any trouble, look at this schematic.

Attachments

• IR.gif
    IR.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 700
The other reason of low output voltage may be that your sensor is meant for sensing carrier frequency slightly different than what you are transmitting through your remote. Like for example consider a sensor TSOP1738 and TSOP1740 from Vishay Telefunken. Both these sensors are for remote control but one detects 38KHz carrier whereas the other detects 40KHz. So make sure your remote sends signals at same freq. which comes in sensors bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back