Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR EMMITTER AND DETECTOR, USING 555 TIMER (TESTING QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton04

I HAVE BUILT A 555 TIMER EMMITER AND DETECOTR , 38 KHZ.
hOW CAN I HOOK IT UP TO AN OSCILLSCOPE TO TEST THAT I AM TUNING THE 5 KHZ VARIABLE RESISTOR TO THE RIGHT VALUE..

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY OR HOW I CAN MAKE A MORE POWERFUL ONE THAT CAN BROADCAST UP TO 10 FT.

THANKS FOR YOU HELP...

Hi anton. I've never heard of a 5khz variable resistor, but I have heard of a variable resistor. I assume that you're using the variable resistor to adjust the output up or down 5 khz.

Simply connect the scope to the output of the 555. Pin 3, and you will see the 38khz signal. A regular IR LED connected straight to pin 3 will easily cover 10 feet as long as there is not too much light on the detector.

What kind of detector are you using? Maybe the reason that you're not getting 10 feet is because your detetor is not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back