Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Iphone's Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

I was joking with one my IT guy's at work about selling mine. So, he and another guy without telling me created in local news advertisement on the internet just as a joke. As we were talking about the ad and laughing (the Phone rang) Yep ! Some guy wanted it on the NET about 1 minute.

An 8 gig Iphone no shipping for $250.00 Sold. It's freaking crazy ?

We have apple Computers at work so I kind of need it I guess. We have to use ATT as our service anyway well .....

Still suddenly I thought oh crap I need a phone. The guy lives about 60 minutes away ? I ran to an ATT Store with 9 people in line all of them wanted black.

But with 2 white Iphones left I walked in ........ .

Go figure normally I would still be waiting like those guy's ?

For Geeks it's like haven a pearl handled six shooter.

kv

I'm a geek and I find absolutely no attraction to the Iphone whatsoever. The device itself is decent, yeah it's sexy too; A lot of technology in a small package as well as good looking. As a geek though I find Apples restrictive blatantly commercial development scheme so appalling that the Iphone to me is actually an anathema to technology, it is however an ode to a market economy. I'm not really that big of an opesource fan but when I get a phone and want a geek device to boot I'll be leaning towards OpenMoko; The Neo FreeRuner was just recently released which is about the same price as an Iphone with compareable features though without Apples marketing might behind it. Granted the Neo is only a second generation user developed device and the IPhone has who knows how much of a development budget behind it, I'm gonna lean towards devices like the FreeRunner becoming more popular in the next few years, and I'm not an early technology adopter (read geek with too much money) so you can keep the pearl handled six shooter. I'll use a club if I need it =)

I hate cell phones. And i am a pretty hard core geek, too. Cellphones are TOO small, and you can't do a whole lot (comfortably) with them.

If i could have my way, i would just carry my Nokia n800 around with me all day connecting to Wi-Fi and using skype to chat with ppls. But, since there isn't wi-fi wherever i go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back