Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ionic Pro Turbo air purifier affecting TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdwilson1

Will an Ionic Pro Turbo air purifier affect a TV ?
We had a Zenith console less than 10 years old. One day it would not turn on.
We have the air purifier setting right next to the tv.

Does anyone know whether the air purifier would affect a TV?
We just bought a new LCD TV and don't want the same thing happening to it !

While most air purifier systems are high voltage very low current devices the presence of one close to a TV should not affect the TV. Unless the TV has open antenna leads for over the air TV and then worst case would be interference. Additionally if the TV and purifier co-existed for 10 years it is very unlikely the purifier caused the TV to meet its demise.

Do I think placing any type of high voltage generating device in close proximity to sensitive electronics is a good practice? Absolutely not. Just to be safe about the TV I would change the arrangement.

Just My Take
Ron

Last edited:
Thank you Ron.

The air purifier has only been in place a couple months. Our cordless phone (about 25 ft. away) developed a
"humming" noise, and we now have to frequently change channels on the phone. This is why I asked about whether
the air purifier could have caused a "power" problem with the console TV - - and didn't want the same thing happening
to our new one !

I will move the air purifier.....or get rid of it.

OK, I thought they peacefully co-existed for a decade. I can see a direct connection with the phone also. Yep, move or dispose of it.

Ron

Ionizing "air purifiers" produce ozone. Ozone attacks rubber and plastics, and reacts with other chemicals in the household environment. Many electronic parts depend on these materials for electrical insulation and protection from environmental things like dirt and humidity. Ozone can also cause or aggravate respiratory problems. Do you really need this Ionic Pro Turbo air purifier? Ionic Air Cleaners - Air Purifiers - AchooAllergy.com

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back