Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IO definitions PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnnewton

I am using the C30 compiler for microchip dsPIC30F4013 and have a header file with the following:

Code:
#define LED     LATBbits.LATB0

I want to now base that definition off of a dip switch, something like (in C):

Code:
TRISBbits.TRISB1 = 1
if (PORTBbits.RB1)
{
     TRISBbits.TRISB0 = 0
     #define LED     LATBbits.LATB0;
}
else
{
     TRISBbits.TRISB0 = 0
     #define SWITCH     PORTBbits.RB0
}

The problem is , i cant get the definitions to work globally if i do it in C and i can't use #if(PORTBbits.RB1 == 1) in preprocessor because, well it is preprocessor and therefore has no idea of the port state yet, and C30 compiler won't let you put a "." in an #if statement. Any Ideas?

I want to now base that definition off of a dip switch, something like (in C):
You can not read a switch at run time then go back in time to recompile the code to use that definition.

You either need two code branches or
you can use a single function with calls to functions that check the switch (or a var set from it) and
act accordingly.

Code:
int sVal;

main()
{
    sVal = PORTBbits.RB1;
    ... lots of code...
    doThing1()
   ...more code...
}

// do the conditional part here
void doThing1()
{
     if (sVal)
     else
        .... ;
}

OK, i have this so far (which works). Now i want to be able to use the same definitions in my other .c files without having to copy and paste this code into each of them. Any ideas?
Code:
	TRISA = 0b0000000000000000;
	TRISB = 0b0000000100111100;
	TRISC = 0b0010000000000000;
	TRISD = 0b0000000000000000;
	TRISF = 0b0000000000000000;	
	//Node Definitions
	#define ON 1
	#define LCD 0
	#define NODE PORTBbits.RB3
	if(NODE == LCD)
	{