Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

INVERTER REPAIR,1200W PORTAVOLT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearshanks

:?: I NEED A CIRCIUT DIAGRAM FOR AN INVERTER THAT I HAVE AQUIRED.IT IS CALLED PORTAVOLT PV1201,MADE IN N.Z.SOMEONE HAS REMOVED ONE OF THE IC'S FROM THE HOLDER & I HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT IT SHOULD BE.CAN ANYONE HELP!
THANKS.

No idea about your particular product. These days most inverters are chinese made I think.

I have a similar thread going on the repair forum.

IC sockets have not been used much in such product for a while which makes me think it is quite old. Why wouyld someone remove an IC? Unlikely if the unit was working I suspect. Could it have fallen out due to vibration? This would likely cause failiure of the unit. In that scenario replacing the chip might effect a repair.

Without a ciruit it will be hard to identify the chip but the number of pins will narrow it down. as will any obvious connections to it like a crystal for example.

If the unit really is NZ made then look on NZ based chat boards for info.

Rory

I have a PV1200 one of these and require a circuit diagram as the one i have works but only an output of 148volts AC. and only positive side of heatsinks get warm. hence only one side of the circuit is firing. I will have a look at the name on the IC and get back.

I have a PV1200 one of these and require a circuit diagram as the one i have works but only an output of 148volts AC. and only positive side of heatsinks get warm. hence only one side of the circuit is firing. I will have a look at the name on the IC and get back.
uhhhh, get back to whom?

this is for "bearshanks"

Please be aware that bearshanks is a one post wonder from nearly six years ago.
His first and last visit here was on the 20th July 2003.

JimB

Oh sorry and after posting i realised.
I am after a circuit that inverts DC to AC 12v to 240v 50htz.1200w using a quad and gate ( 4081)as one of the ICs . as i wish to try and repair one . It would be cheaper (in time but my home time is free).to replace the whole inverter with an electronic but as a challange i wish to try and repair this on e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back