Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverter or inverter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glmclell

I have some LCDs with EL backlights... all I know is they need an 'inverter' but the exact specs are unknown.

I have a simple 'inverter' that is a TDK something or other, it was real cheap and seems to have some high voltage, but i'm not sure on the specifics... it has several inductors, transformers, transistors and capacitors... needless to say, it wont light up the el film... but shorting the leads on the inverter makes some nice RFI / EMI that confuses the heck out of my mouse and keyboard.

so... i'm thinking the voltage or frequency might be too low for the backlight? I'll post a picture of the inverter when I get home later on.

Any suggestions as what I can do next?

I think the TDK line is for CCFL, the thin flourescent tubes. EL needs a different type of inverter.

I need a full schematic diagram of a pure sine wave power inverter constructed using a pulse wide modulation. please can you forward one into my mail box.
Thanks.
Adebayo

I need a full schematic diagram of a pure sine wave power inverter constructed using a pulse wide modulation. please can you forward one into my mail box.
Thanks.
Adebayo
Hi, and welcome to this forum. Please make new thread instead of using existing thread, especially when your problem isn't relevant to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back