Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

introduction (its here!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostman11

My oscilloscope arrived today!! as stated in a previous post its a wayne kerr DVT 100 that i got from my friend ebay.
so what do i want it for..... some years ago (more than 35) i became interested in anything electrical and electronics, i dadbled a little but never seemed to have the time to learn much about it, i i run a small holding that mainly breeds rare poultry, geese, ducks and game birds.
And believe it or not this is where the oscilloscope and renewed interest in electronics comes in, i decided to custom build our incubators and have tried many of the thermostat kits availiable includeing pc controlled ones and cheap ones from vellemen. now they are all ok and do the job to one exstent or the other but somehow none of them do EXACTLY what i would like, so i have decided to learn the art of electronics and build the controll equipment i need such as thermostats and auto egg turners etc.
also i have had others in my line of work express an interest in obtaing theese things from me if and when i come up with them.
so to date on a somewhat non existant budget i have purchased a oscilloscope, logic probe, dmm, soldering iron and a few hand tools. i cant seem to track down a manual for the oscilloscope on the net so if anyone has an idea where i could get one i would appreciate it, also any coments or recomendations on other tools or equipment i may need would also be appreciated. BTW i have also obtained ver 6 of proteus

Does the scope work? A simple picture of the front panel of a working scope will allow us to explain a lot =)

i have no idea if it works yet as i have only stared at it for a couple of hours wondering if by touching the on/off switch i am going to do non reversable damage lol! soon as i have the courage i will post a pic,
thanks for the help

ok i have turned it on! :D it seems to power up ok! i have uploaded some pics as requested, i have put them on my server incase there is a mods que, they can be found at the link bellow

**broken link removed**

If you want to see if it actually works now all you have to do is use a jack (I think it's a banana Jack) from that black connector on the left that says "Cal 1V" It's a 1V square wave internal reference, not sure what the frequency would be. Hook it up to the center conductor of the channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back