Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing PIC16F87x via a serial port using rs232

Status
Not open for further replies.

faomari

Hi, Im in my final stages of my project, unfourtantly this stage requires hardware and software and im desperetly running out of time, all i wana i want to do for now is interface my PIC to the PC via an rs232, i got everything setup correctly. Iv done a bit of software before, but quite hopeless when it comes to hardware. Does anyone have any good website or code that explain how to do this interfacing. Im using MPlab and im looking for code written in HI Tech C. My Serial port has transmission ground, and recieving pins.

Thanks

thanks for this i read the tutorial for the RS232, and it was very helpful. But all programs seem to be in assembly. do uKnow of any examples for C coding?

faomari said:
thanks for this i read the tutorial for the RS232, and it was very helpful. But all programs seem to be in assembly. do uKnow of any examples for C coding?

Your C compiler should give examples?, can't help you with C, never use it!.

Not sure what version of MPlab you're using, but the configuration panel used to let you set it, to output (from an RS232) to the PC (XP) via the Hypertext terminal (Start/Programs/Accesories/Communications) Using COM1 or COM 2. Would seem a lot of work to write all the handshaking protocols, etc, yourself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back