Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing pic16f877 to RS232

Status
Not open for further replies.

winsthon

I need a simple program where using VB or C to get the data from my PIC16f877 output and place them into my pc monitor to view it. the output of my project is binary values and compared them into words then display them on an LCD, and I want to display the output at my PC using RS232 interfacing. Anyone?

winsthon said:
I need a simple program where using VB or C to get the data from my PIC16f877 output and place them into my pc monitor to view it. the output of my project is binary values and compared them into words then display them on an LCD, and I want to display the output at my PC using RS232 interfacing. Anyone?

There's code for RS232 using PIC's (including the 16F876/7) in one of my tutorials at http://www.winpicprog.co.uk, but I can't help you at the PC end with VB or C (I don't use either of them - Delphi rules OK!).

nigel, sorry I wasnt able to do explore more on the site...about the program for VB or C, delphi would be appropriate, actually I have made a GUI using delphi but its functionalities I havent done it yet could you help me and give me at least a simple code for this type of project?
the summary of my projects functionalities is this I used RGB lights as my transmitter and LDR as my receiver, then after that I used assembly to convert the analog signal into digital using the built in ADC of pic16f877, then those binary bits/datas Ive gathered I compared them and converted them into words that will display on the LCD...so far so good. the next thing I need to this is this I want to display the output to my PC using RS232 using GUI wherein if the color is red a color red will display and there will be a text displaying the RED word or maybe I can place a sound saying the color is RED or the color is Yellow. I hope you get everything, please help me I have to meet a deadline for this at school. Delphi would be ok...I really appreciate your response...

I have some code for displaying an ollsiloscope winamp effect using a 16f870 on an SED133x LCD at home if ur still having problems, i can dig that out when i get back (next weekend) its mainly for making ur desk look more spunky but i made a VB program for displaying pictures animations etc.

My code is hard to follow thou :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back