Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing LPT1 with VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.
crazygrey said:
I know it has been a while on this thread but I'm running to the same problems but with vc++. I'm trying LPT1 to vc++ 2005 express edition, and I'm using Windows XP SP2 and have the administrative rights of the computer. I downloaded "inpout32.dll" and placed it in C:\Windows\system32 directory and basically used:
#import "C:\Windows\system32\inpout32.dll"
and added inpout32.lib as an additional dependency (Project properties --> Linker ----> Input). However, when I try to run the program I get this error: "fatal error C1083: Cannot open type library file: 'c:\windows\system32\inpout32.dll': Error loading type library/DLL."
I have been struggling with this for few days now and I have searched alot for my solution but I noticed the author of this thread found a solution to interface it with vb, so any helpful hints will be appreicated.

Thanks

hi,
I dont use VB 'C' or relative coding for my programs, but why are you trying to import the 'inpout32.dll' ??.
As it resides in the Win/System as a DLL, your program will call it as any other Windows system DLL.

You need this DLL as Win XP normally , 'blocks' the VB calls to the parallel port, the DLL is one way to bypass this block.

Just make sure that the inpout32 is referenced in the VB program module.

Hope this helps.

I placed the inpout32.dll in the system32 folder, and have tried using (out32() & inp32()) but it says that the identifier can't be found. Therefore, I tried to import it but that didn't work either. If someone has the detailed steps to interface the parallel port with VC++ on Win XP, that would be awesome.

Thanks for the reply.

crazygrey said:
I placed the inpout32.dll in the system32 folder, and have tried using (out32() & inp32()) but it says that the identifier can't be found. Therefore, I tried to import it but that didn't work either. If someone has the detailed steps to interface the parallel port with VC++ on Win XP, that would be awesome.

Thanks for the reply.

If you look back in this thread you should find a simple parallel test program I posted.
It will enable you to at least check that your parallel port is addressable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back