Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing different chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevors

Hi Everybody,
I am trying to create a project with a pic16F84A , a 74LS154N(4 to 16 decoder) and MC14066BCP(quad bi-lateral switch). The outputs from the pic must control the 4 inputs of the decoder and the outputs of the decoder must control the 'control' inputs of the 4066. How can I interface these different chips. Would simply connecting them directly to each other cause any damage? Would I need to use a buffer in between them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Interfacing

What's your problem?

Assuming the PIC is supplied with +5V, an LS chip is also supplied with +5V and with the MC14066 you have the choice of supply voltage from +3 to +15V.

Use +5V for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back