Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfacing a pic and a mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackened69

Hi everyone,

I am trying to inteface the PIC 16F877 and Nokia 3310 to send a SMS using the pic. The pic will do some counting and when a certain number is reached it will send that number (and anything else i want later on) via a SMS to another phone.
I am trying to use the PIC's USART port to talk to the phone via the FBUS protocol and i have a few questions:

the 3310's max fbus seed is 115200 baud and i was wondering if the pic has to talk to the phone at that speed or can a lower speed (eg 9600) b used cuz i dont think the pic can achieve the max fbus speed (using a 4 MHz version).

also i think the operating voltages the fbus/mbus ports on the phone are up to 3 volts and i was wondering if the pic and the phone must have exactly the same voltages on their TX and RX pins to work proper or can a small difference b allowed...

if anyone has any pointers that would be great...

thanx everyone

hi bro,

you can go to
www.astalavista.com then you select mobile..

then for the tx and rx voltage..as long you using rs232 ( example :- max232 CPE ) as your serial driver..you'll not have problem with it ( voltage ) because it already standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back