Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing a PIC 18F452 and an ADC AD7827 + SPI com

Status
Not open for further replies.

french_student

Hello,

I need to interface a PIC 18F452 with an external ADC, the AD7827 wich is an 8-bit ADC with serial interface. I want to establish the communication between the PIC and the ADC with the PIC's SPI module. But I have a problem. In fact i'd need to have the clock signal output working more than 8 times (not only when the PIC reads the value on his SDI pin), because my ADC need it to realise the conversion and serialization. I read the PIC datasheet, but i stille don't know if i could that: how can i send the SCK signal to the ADC more than 8 times so how can i send this signal even if i don't read the value on the SDI pin?

I hope my question is clear enough.
Thanks for your answers.

Why don't yo use the ADC in the PIC, it will convert faster and you will have less hardware to take care of. :wink:

Ivancho

Thanks for your answer

But the reason why i don't use the ADC in the pic is that it's too slow! The conversion time is really too slow for the applications i need to do.

So if you have any other idea, it will be great!!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back