Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interface for Analog to Digital input of 16f877 micro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessey

Hello, I'm an electronic hobbyist and am having a problem trying to figure out how to interface a circuit that I found at RED Free Circuit Designs. The circuit is called Plants Watering Watcher and uses a varying brightness LED to signal the necessity to water a plant. You can view the circuit at
www.redcircuits.com/Page18.htm, I'm also including the circuit as I re-drew it in an attachment. The circuit outputs a square wave having a variable mark-space ratio which lights a led to indicate when a plant needs watering. I would like to take that signal and feed it into an input of a analog to digital converter of a 16F877 microprocessor to turn on and off a pump to water the plant. I just figured out and wrote the code for the ADC using PicBasic Pro and it works great and now I have to find a way to interface it to the micro. I think this would be a great project to put together, for when I go on vacation to water my house plants. Is there an optoisolator chip that I could connect to pin 10 of the 4093 that would give me a clean positive output that I could use to connect to the micro's ADC input? Can anyone here point me in the right direction as to what type of converter that I will need to design to interface to the micro? Would an op-amp work or? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...........jessey

Attachments

• The_Circuit.jpg
    The_Circuit.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 749
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back