Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Interface a character lcd display to pic microcontroller 2012-08-01

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajbex

rajbex submitted a new article:

Interface a character LCD display to PIC microcontroller - Introduction
An HD44780 Character LCD display device is designed for interfacing with embed

Introduction
An HD44780 Character LCD display device is designed for interfacing with embedded systems. These screens come in a variety of configurations including 8x1, which is one row of eight characters, 16x2, and 20x4. These LCDs can come with or without backlights, which may be LED, fluorescent, or electroluminescent. They use a standard 14-pin interface and those with backlights have 16 pins. The pinouts are shown in figure below.

I am going to show you how to interface such a...

Read more about this article...

hello there sir..... i just want to ask if i can use this in a LED panel.....???? i want the output to have a running words in the panel....
thank you sir....

hello there...is this program applicable for pic18f also???

This particular program works for PIC16F628A. But if you connect the LCD to the similar port in a PIC18F microcontroller, and compile the program for the PIC18F micro, it may work. You should turn off any analog functions on the port too. Read the corresponding data sheet to know how to do that.

can somebody help me with my lcd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CAN NOT initialize my lcd , it is showing black dots and i am looking for a assembly language code for my lcd. the pic 16f84a is used.

Help please someone help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back